About Us - Proactive Structure Solutions
Unparalleled Waterproofing Solutions in Winfield and the Surrounding Areas
Proactive Structure Solutions is a small family owned business based out of Winfield, Illinois having a large service area as far south as Peru, Illinois, west to Dixon, Illinois, and North to the Wisconsin border. Although this is a new company, we are not new to the industry, we have 35+ years in the construction industry. In those 35+ years, the lessons we’ve learned including our previous business of 2 years at Foundation Restoration Inc and an additional 4 years in the “seepage” industry are all rolled into the Proactive Seepage Solutions Inc business model.
Our approach to your waterproofing issues takes a logical and proactive approach to the waterproofing process, working to solve any problems you are experiencing. Our goal on every inspection is to figure out why you have a waterproofing problem. It has become clear to me that the industry standard is to sell an expensive interior drain tile system and expensive dehumidifiers, admittedly this is sometimes needed but this is also the most expensive approach possible. Yet this approach does not solve the water from continuing to eat away at your home’s foundation or from possibly undermining the foundation leading to much more expensive repairs down the road. You must, as best possible, stop the water intrusion before it gets to your foundation.
Through discussion and observation we locate the real problems that lead to the waterproofing issue. Then a proactive waterproofing solution is provided. Please have a look at our “Gallery” of images to see progress photos of all of the jobs we perform. All of the pictures show problems found around a property. All of which can be repaired and should be repaired prior to intrusive and expensive interior drain tile installations are even a consideration.
Common Problems That Lead to Waterproofing Issues
- Split downspouts and short downspout extensions lead to seepage problems.
- Poor soil grading and landscaping around a home will direct water to the foundation.
- Overflowing gutters that are clogged with leaves, sticks and even dead animals are common causes of water seepage.
- Sloping walkways, patios and driveways are very common problems.
- Improperly or unsealed cracks along basement walls.
- Sump pump discharges that either are to short, broken or clogged.
- Sump pumps that simply don’t work.
- Unperforated sump pits that do not take in ground water.
- Cracks in foundations.